Saturday, October 1, 2011

The rejections keep coming.




South Beach Neon Nightlife South Beach: A Tropical Location Close to Home



I am a Miami girl. Grew up here. Love it here...or at lest I did. A few years ago I would never have even considered living anywhere else. Well, things have changed. I am not so sure I want to raise my children here. I am sure that I want them to grow up closer to their cousins. My brother, Allan, moved to Atlanta, GA in 1999. He is now married and has two gorgeous little boys, Adrian and Gabriel. My kids miss them like crazy every day. So, the hubs and I have decided we want to move up there. There are many reasons why.....

The cost of living in Miami has grown at warp speed over the years and salaries have never kept up and to make things worse, now there is a great likelihood that the hubs, a corrections officer for the county, will have to take a pretty substantial pay cut to balance the budget. Blah!

Traffic sucks. There is no other way to put it. I drive all of 8 miles to work and it takes me close to 40 minutes!!

Our public schools are not ranked very well. And everyday there are stories of school violence or just general incompetence by staff. I don't want my kids to have to suffer the consequences of that.

The list goes on and on. So our decision stands. The hubs has sent out applications to a few local police departments and we are waiting to hear from them. I have sent out close to 100 resumes to positions I am over qualified for, positions I am a great fit for and some that I am no where near qualified for. I figured having over 10 years experience in a field and being bilingual would have assured me at least some interest by employers in Georgia. But alas......


NO! I have gotten more rejection emails than I can count!!! The last one came this morning. I am starting to feel a little discouraged, but I can't. This is what we want and I will keep trying. Maybe if my address didn't say Miami I would have a better chance. I don't know. I will keep you posted on our progress. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment