Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Yummy Creations

We had a little Halloween lunch at work yesterday. Since I am new here I made a couple of my sweet creations to introduce them to people in the new office. They were a hit. I made very cute cookies. There were some bats wtih red eyes, tombstones that read RIP and ghosts. The ghosts were my favorites. I had boy ghosts and girl ghosts with little pink bows. I know, not so Halloween creepy but darn cute! The cookies are made from scratch. I have morphed a sugar cookie and an almond cookie for this recipe and I think they taste great! It took many failed batches because not only do they need to taste delicious but they also have to hold up to the fondant decorations that go on them. The consistency is important. Dense but not so much that they are gross.





My second offering yesterday, were red velvet cake pops or cake truffles on a stick as I prefer to call them. I hand dipped them in orange chocolate and covered them in orange, black and white sprinkles. Too cute and super deliciousness!!!




These are just a few of the things I make in one of my two side jobs. I make cakes, cookies, cupcakes, invitations and all sorts of other delights as part of my wedding and event planning business. You can see pictures on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PoshEngagements. If you see something you would like to take a bite out of just let me know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment